The Biltmore Greensboro Hotel is a 26 room boutique hotel, located in the heart of the downtown business district. The building dates back to 1895, originally constructed by Moses Cone for his textile business. Renovated as a hotel in 1920, the Greensboro Hotel was the first hotel in town to offer rooms with private baths, electricity and the citys first unmanned elevator, all at a cost of $2.00 a night.
In the early 1960s, the hotel was renovated and reopened as the Greenwich Inn. World renowned interior designer, Otto Zenke, was commissioned to design the look and feel for the hotel. He chose to make use of the buildings turn of the century aesthetics by creating an Old World European feel. The lobby was designed after an English writing room, and a European theme became prevalent throughout the hotel.
Ownership transitioned in the early 1990s, at which point the Greenwich Inn became the Biltmore Greensboro Hotel. The name was chosen as a way to pay homage to the original establishment; inclusion of the Biltmore name was intended to help describe the type of ambiance the hotel had to offer. The hotel has been under local ownership since October 2007, and continues to be a strong presence in the heart of downtown to this day.
111 W Washington St , CP: 27401 , Greensboro/High Point , Estados Unidos
Fax: 1 336-275-2523